Corporate Social Responsibility
Last update: 22/07/2018
1. Policy brief & purpose
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy refers to our responsibility toward our environment. Our company’s existence is not lonely. It’s part of a bigger system of people, values, other organizations and nature. The social responsibility of our business is to give back to the world just as it gives to us.
2. What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy outlines our efforts to grant to the world the best contribution we can, with a special care to people and planet.
This policy applies to Bright Expats and its resources.
4. Policy elements
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness.
- Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values.
- Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
- Respects the law
- Honors its internal policies
- Ensures that all its business operations are legitimate
- Keeps every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
b) Business ethics
We always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We promote:
- Safety and fair-dealing
- Respect towards the consumer
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices
c) Protecting the environment
Our company recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. We always follow best practices when disposing garbage and using paper and chemical substances.
d) Protecting people
We ensure that we:
- Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community
- Support diversity and inclusion.
e) Human rights
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labor practices. We ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g. forced labor).
a) Donations and aid
Our company preserves a budget to make monetary donations, to projects where the team is volunteering or is already supporting. These donations aim to:
- Support scientific research for (long-term) illnesses (e.g. cancer)
- Advance the arts, education and community events
- Alleviate those in need.
Our company encourages its employees to volunteer. They can volunteer through programs organized internally or externally. Our company sponsors volunteering events from other organizations.
c) Preserving the environment
Apart from legal obligations, our company proactively protects the environment. Examples of relevant activities include:
- Conserving energy
- Using environmentally-friendly technologies.